The International Association for Financial Executive Institutes (IAFEI) has made a R500 000 investment in Africa’s next generation CFOs.
This investment includes the sponsorship of 100 upcoming CFOs to attend the 46th CFO World Congress as a guest of IAFEI. This event will take place in Cape Town from 9-11 November 2016. On the evening of 9 November, at the black tie gala dinner, one of these upcoming CFOs will be awarded the SAIBA/IAFEI Upcoming CFO of the Year 2017 Award. The person awarded this prestigious title will have the opportunity of a lifetime to travel to Paris, France from 5 – 9 December for a mentorship programme, learning from some of Europe’s top CFOs, followed by media exposure and opportunities to engage with local stakeholders back in SA for the following 12 months.
What IAFEI’s investment includes:
Attendance to the 46th CFO World Congress for 100 of the total nominated aspiring CFOs
One Upcoming CFO will receive the opportunity to travel to Paris, France from 5-9 December 2016. This award includes flights and accommodation and a mentorship with five top finance professionals, including: Jean-Luc Michel (CAO, Nissan Europe) for IFRS / Reporting, Armand Angeli (VP, Lumiu Ltd) for Finance Transformation and Outsourcing, Frederic Doche (CEO, Decision Performance Conseil) for Management Controlling, Dominique Chesneau (Managing Partner, Tresoriskconseil) for treasury, banking and financing and Jerome Bogaert for Tax
In Paris, the upcoming CFO will be attending the CFO Congress, France
The upcoming CFO will spend one-on-one time with the five top European finance professionals mentioned above, which will give him/her the opportunity to learn, grow and gain key insight on each mentor’s area of expertise.
If you are the CFO, FD or Head of Finance then make sure your protégé will join you at the CFO World Congress by completing the nomination form.
1. Be a member of a professional body
2. Have drive and ambition to succeed
3. Be employed as in the finance department
4. Be working within the finance team
5. Be recognised amongst peers as a future finance leader
6. Be earmarked and has the potential to be appointed as CFO
7. Have proof of previous achievements and recognition received within a corporate context
8. Be a worthy ambassador for SAIBA and IAFEI
* Please NOTE that all nominations close on the 25th of October 2016. All candidates selected for the sponsored tickets will be contacted before the 30th of October 2016. Please book your ticket for the congress online or contact the SAIBA office at +27 12 643 1800